A Boutique Photography Studio

Published!

Click here to read the full article

Woohoo!  I’m so excited to be featured this month in a three-page spread in MomSense magazine.  The article is all about being a busy mom and coming back to my love of photography.  Already I’ve gotten great feedback from moms who are passionate about photography and struggling to balance their personal life with their dreams.  Let me just say… it can be done (just not perfectly, but what fun would that be?).

I’ve got to say a big thank you to Cindy, at MomSense as well.  She’s the fabulous graphic design artist who, through all my projects with the magazine, always makes my work look great!  And yes, she’s a busy mom working from home also!  Stay tuned everybody, next we’re working on partnering to work on cover photos!  Get your model pre-schoolers ready!

A walk down memory lane… this me and Emma back when she was 6 weeks old, featured on the cover of the magazine.  It’s hard to believe she was so little; now she goes to kindergarten and comes home smelling like crayons and glue.

About these ads

9 responses

1. Congrats, Whitney! You are my hero! I want to be just like YOU when I grow up! :)

September 1, 2008 at 3:44 am

2. Hi Whitney! I just read your article in MomSense and really enjoyed it! You have some great tips that I cannot wait to use and get better photos of my son :o)
    Thanks so much,
    Betty (a MOP in GA)

September 2, 2008 at 2:07 am

3. amber

I loved your article in the MOPS magazine! I am a mom who loves her kids and photography! My kids think my camera is part of my arm! I would be so grateful if you could send me your list of frequently asked questions about starting ones own photography business. I’m a little scared to take the plunge! My email address is ambermb@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

September 2, 2008 at 5:23 pm

4. Wendy

Thank you so much for your article! I have no background in photography, but I love to take photos and can only dream of starting a business. I just don’t think I have the talent for it. I loved your tips especially the first one, “Three camera clicks and you’ll get a treat.” Only trouble is I asked my 14 year old if this would work on her. She said “no”. Any other ideas?

September 3, 2008 at 2:28 am

5. I just read your article. How cool!

So true that they grow up and we can only freeze those moments in our minds and on “film.”

September 4, 2008 at 3:08 pm

6. Sorting through some magazines yesterday I ran across an article about you in the May 2008 Family Fun magazine. I ripped out the page and brought it with me to work today to check our the links on it because we seem to have a lot in common. Well, except for the fact that I’m far from a professional photographer! I’m an aspiring photographer scared to make the jump but miserable in my job of a year after being a SAHM for the last 13 years. I’d love to get a copy of your list of FAQ’s…with the answers of course. ;) Thanks for sharing and now I’m off to read your article. Congrats on being pulsihed! (You can email the FAQ’s at margo.stewart@brightok.net Thanks!)

September 4, 2008 at 3:24 pm

7. I just read your article in MOMSense! I loved it and share the same love of photography and just started my own business one year ago! Thanks for sharing your story and I am excited to add you to my RSS feed!! God Bless!

September 4, 2008 at 6:56 pm

8. I was so pleased to see your article in MomSense magazine! I felt like I could have written the article myself – it was weird!! I definitely agree that we mommy photographers should stick together. I’ve launched my own business within the last year, but am still learning as I go (and I hope I always am!). There is always room to improve and grow. I’d love to check out your list of frequently asked questions!! Thanks again for your candor and sharing with us all!!

September 5, 2008 at 3:15 am

9. Hey Whitney! It’s been awhile since I emailed you because our computer died and we’ve been borrowing one from my husband’s office. My parents gave me Photoshop for my birthday (woohoo!!), but I can’t load it and start learning it until we replace the computer. Anyway, I saw the article in Momsense and immediately recognized you from the picture in the table of contents – with the camera over your face in front of the mirror! I thought, “Hey! That’s Whitney!” and it was fun to read the article. I wanted to let you know that I’m going to have my first opportunity to take school portraits! I’m doing it next month for my homeschool co-op, as well as my sister’s. I’m wondering how to do school portraits that are fresh and original. I don’t know if I should stick with the standard waist up shot, or do something a little different. My sister’s group wants theirs taken outside, and the freedom to include siblings. So those will certainly be different! Anyway, I’d love any pointers or helpful hints you might have to contribute! Congrats on the MomSense article, too! I love looking over your blog and seeing how many other aspiring photographer moms you’ve been an encouragement to!

September 7, 2008 at 3:10 am